Thursday, December 3, 2009

Better master of horror? Stephen King or John Carpenter?

I love reading Stephen King books, but I swear, none of his movies ever do it for me. I don't think I've ever seen a Stephen King movie that really was frightening for me at all... John Carpenter's ';In The Mouth Of Madness'; was great. Not scary, but my kind of movie.





Personal opinions? Both pretty overrated, but still?Better master of horror? Stephen King or John Carpenter?
Why isn't Wes Craven in this question?Better master of horror? Stephen King or John Carpenter?
John Carpenter is more of a master of suspense.





King is more about horror.





Bottom below edit:


Wes Craven is more of a slasher genre, than horror.
Stephen ';King'; of Horror!!














Books are ALWAYS better than the movies -- but either way, Stephen King is the man! ;o)
john carpenter hands down.. one movie says it all The Thing, as far as king's movies go not one movie can deliver what the book is supposed to be about.
I agree, Carpenter's movies do tend to be better. And every Stephen King movie I have seen, the book or story was way better.
stephen king all ways john carpenter is all right but not scary ever
stephen king
I gotta go with Stephen King as well........I agree with you that none of the movies are really scary and they definately don't do the books justice but he is absolutely amazing....the detail he puts in them couldn't possibly be put into a movie anyway.
stephen kingggg





the mist is coool
Stephen King books rock, dude. The Stand kept me up at night for a month! As for his movies... no. Carrie, Salem's Lot and The Shining were cool, but they went to crap after that. IT was okay, in a reminiscent, I-can't-believe-that-used-to-scare-me kind of way.





John Carpenter's got it in the movies, I agree. Like you said, not really ';scary';, but it takes a lot to scare me now.
Stephen King. Check out 1408.
I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for John Carpenter. Stephen King movies can be okay... Stand By Me was a really good one. Dolores Claiborne... another good one.





I don't know... I just had to answer because we're never on at the same time! (((Atheos)))
SK, just based on the overall quality of his body of work
stephen king baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit union