Monday, November 30, 2009

Roosevelt University in Chicago for MBA or John Marshall Law School for Masters in Intellectual Property?

I have a Bachelors from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am currently a few weeks away from my Paralegals Certificate from Roosevelt University. I am interested in going to law school in a year or two. Now, my question is, should I attend Roosevelt University for a MBA or John Marshall Law School for a Masters in Intellectual Property Law?





Please give me some advice. Thanks.Roosevelt University in Chicago for MBA or John Marshall Law School for Masters in Intellectual Property?
If your plan is to go to law school, why are you loading up on these other degrees? Plenty of schools offer JD/MBA programs, and you can always take intellectual property electives, so all you're doing is loading up on extra debt. I think you'd be better off taking your certificate and getting some practical experience before you apply.Roosevelt University in Chicago for MBA or John Marshall Law School for Masters in Intellectual Property?
Although a JD will provide you with an intense ability to analyze literature and language, you will starve to death with the degree, and I thus say you forgo that option.





A masters in law sounds unique. I am sure there are many more people that possess an MBA than a masters in law. However, I would think if someone wanted to consult with an expert in intellectual property law, they would consult with an intellectual property lawyer (albeit there would be several other lawyers fighting for that one client).





I think the MBA would simply be the most useful. The downside is that an MBA is vaugely unique. If it isn't exciting enough, see what other degree programs you may be interested in.





If you like law and what not, consider forensic science. If you like business, consider finance.
  • nortan antivirus
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    credit union